Edward Marcowitz is the managing partner with the New York City personal injury firm, Marc J. Bern & Partners LLP. Mr. Marcowitz values the relationships with his clients and understands the decisions he helps them make can be life changing. With this knowledge he understands the most valuable services he can provide a client, in addition to his legal skills, are personal attention, honesty and the development of a trusting relationship. Eddie is proud to serve as the personal attorney to the Zadroga Family. The Zadroga Act is named after Joe and Linda Zadroga’s son James, a decorated New York City Detective, who died as a result of his WTC exposures.
Mr. Marcowitz has worked extensively with both the original September 11th Victim Compensation Fund and the current James Zadroga Act. He was the handling attorney for over 60 Widows of Firefighters who were murdered on 9/11/01. In addition, he was a member of Trial Lawyers Care, an organization that provided pro bono service to the victims of the terrorist attacks.
He represents his clients with an unmatched tenacity. Each case is prepared thoroughly, completely without regard to expense. His firm is prepared to do whatever it takes to match any well-funded defendant. His background and work ethic bring a unique approach to the practice of law. Eddie put himself through law school while working full time pressing shirts. Never forgetting where he comes from, he works tirelessly and attempts to make sure that the financial needs of each client and their families are fully met. As far as results… He likes to say… Just ask his clients…
He also provides pro bono pension consulting to New York’s Bravest.
Honors and Awards:
- Trial Lawyers Care – the largest Pro Bono effort in history. “Trial Lawyers Care, Inc., hereby recognizes and thanks Edward L.C. Marcowitz as a Lawyer Volunteer willing to provide free, quality legal representation to eligible victims and their families who seek compensation under the September 11th Victims Compensation Fund. We appreciate the generous donation of your legal expertise and your dedication to helping the victims and families touched by the events of September 11th.”, Trial Lawyers Care, 2004
- Recognized by ATLA “for outstanding service to individuals and families who sought compensation under the September 11th Victims Compensation Fund. Your selfless efforts made Trial Lawyers Care the largest pro bono legal services program in history, providing free representation to more than 1,700 victim families. It is our distinct honor to recognize and celebrate your essential contribution to this achievement.”, The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 2004
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2004
- New York, 1992