Marc J. Bern & Partners and its professional team are reviewing potential lawsuits for women who used this drug during pregnancy and subsequently delivered children who have suffered injuries and potentially life threatening defects as a result.
Compensation May be Available for Children with:
- Atrial Septal Defects (ASD) or Ventricular Septal Defects (VSD)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Spina Bifida
- Cleft Palate
- Craniosynostosis (Skull Defects)
- Club Feet
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn, or PPHN
Failure to Warn Pregnant Women
Zoloft Injury Lawsuits
Marc J. Bern & Partners is investigating potential Zoloft injury lawsuits, due to the manufacturer’s failure to adequately study their medication and failure to warn women of the risks associated with taking the medication during pregnancy.
Our attorneys pursue cases under a contingency fee agreement, which means that there are no attorney fees unless we win a recovery.
Pfizer introduced Zoloft in 1991 and heavily advertised the drug in television commercials, until it became among the most widely prescribed antidepressants. However, the drug has been linked to an increased risk of autism and other dangerous birth defects, when taken by pregnant women.
A ground-breaking study at the University of Montreal showed a 200 percent increase in the risk of having a child diagnosed with autism by 7 years of age for women using Zoloft during pregnancy. The drug has also been linked to a range of birth defects and malformations.
Zoloft Class Action Suits Allege:
- Pfizer is accused of actively advertising the drug to pregnant women without adequately studying the safety of the medication during pregnancy.
- The drug maker failed to warn women of the studies that show there is an increased risk of autism and other birth defects when pregnant women take this drug.
- Failure to adequately warn women that the use of this medication during pregnancy has been shown to cause an increased risk of birth malformations and birth defects, such as holes in the heart, skull defects, cleft palate, spina bifida, and club feet.
Hundreds of lawsuits are currently pending for women who took this prescription drug during pregnancy. If you or a loved one took this drug during pregnancy and have a child suffering from injury as a result, please contact one of our New York lawyers to have your Zoloft birth malformations & birth defects case evaluated.
Through a Zoloft lawsuit, children born with any of these serious problems may be entitled to financial compensation.
Request a free consultation.